Hey There!

My photo
London, United Kingdom
A site about my crafty, adventurous, london life. Things that I make, things that I like, things that I do. And my attempts to find my own London. All the while trying not to be too homesick for California and the Bay Area.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Lazy Lunches Creme Sauce Ya'll

Another lazy lunch entry. I had purchased some pesto sauce from the store but wanted to make it a little more interesting. So I thought I'd try my hand at making a cream sauce.

Pesto Cream Sauce Pasta
Again my food pictures are not the best but it was tasty indeed and you need to try it.

Technically its called Bechamel sauce. It involves fat, wheat flour and cream. But the cream is usually heated a bit with onion and herbs like bay leaves before the strained product is added to the other ingredients. There's all kinds of variants and I made a really basic version with skimmed milk that wasn't "flavored". I know theres a proper chef-y word for that but whatevs. So I made a basic creme sauce base, then added some pesto sauce that I had purchased et voila!

Go for it ya'll!!




Love and turning ho hum into oh yum!,

~Valiant V

No comments:

Post a Comment