Hey There!

My photo
London, United Kingdom
A site about my crafty, adventurous, london life. Things that I make, things that I like, things that I do. And my attempts to find my own London. All the while trying not to be too homesick for California and the Bay Area.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Tutorial-Edible Ornaments



In this foreign place Jess and I are having trouble finding christmas decorations for our lovely little tree. We just can't seem to find any stores that carry ornaments or even string lights! This need gave me a silly idea to turn one of my christmas presents into ornaments. (I apologize in advance for the bad lighting in the photos, its gets dark in London at about 3:00!)

Jess let me open one present before christmas and it happened to be a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates. They're such cute little gold globes, perfect for the job! It's a super easy job too.

I needed something to make sure the string didn't go through the candy all the way so I used some scrap felt for the base.





This set was done so quickly but you could probably do it a little differently with nicer looking glittery ribbon instead. But I think it adds a nice touch to our tree. (AND you could take off the label or add a holiday sticker to them)

I should add a popcorn garland too! Now if I can only find popcorn kernels.....

What kind of ornaments do you usually put on your tree?
~Valiant V

No comments:

Post a Comment